“Now if that thought is right, it’s pretty clear that our minds have become even more radically extended than ever before,” Lynch says. “The idea that our self is expanding through our phones is plausible, and that’s because our phones, and our digital devices generally – our smartwatches, our iPads – all these things have become a really intimate part of how we go about our daily lives. Intimate in the sense in which they’re not only on our body, but we sleep with them, we wake up with them, and the air we breathe is filled, in both a literal and figurative sense, with the trails of ones and zeros that these devices leave behind.”
other related / non related thoughts
- ephemeral network transmissions
- A virtual anybody
- Copper. Connections . Is it that simple?. Plugs . Electricity conduit ?
- You made me lie to gain your acceptances
- Predictive technologies . Siri etc take you down path you would otherwise not have engaged with.
- Data points …. The image becomes/ translates / transfer to a data point
- / probe : from soft-tissue . Skin ? Boundary? Boundary objects Susan star (again)
- / online browser-based project that engages hyperlinks to disrupt narratives that reconfigure themselves via feedback loops and social media platforms